Sunday, September 19, 2010

Case Closed!!!

Well All, on Wednesday September 8, 2010 I had a surgical procedure to remove the port once inserted in my shoulder area to facilitate administering chemotherapy! That means the CASE IS CLOSED!!!

What a tumultuous season in my life! Keep in mind that tumultuous means “overwhelming turbulence or upheaval”. OMG, does overwhelming even begin to describe it? And “upheaval” ~ seriously? Let me show you what I mean, now I’m not bragging but I’m showing you the magnificence of my God, our God. Since April 2009 I’ve been “upheaved” by the following overwhelming turbulent activities:
• Cancer pervaded our family as my youngest brother battled it
• Cancer attacked me; and btw, there was no history of cancer in my family ~ AND THERE IS NO HISTORY OF IT NOW ~ In Jesus Name!
• I spent a wonderful 4th of July 2009 in Martha’s Vineyard with my sister-in-law, her kids and my extended family…my youngest brother was preaching one of his last messages at Gateway Church and could not attend
• I was asked by a beautiful family to become God-mother to their 3 children – God bless them
• My youngest brother transitioned to be with Jesus
• I engaged a holistic doctor to help me understand my body and how to “help chemotherapy kill cancer cells” and not take me down
• God blessed me to buy a beautiful condo
• I had chemo, lumpectomy and radiation
• I lost 36 lbs – ON PURPOSE – and am working on losing 30 more
• A speeding ticket I got while on chemo, that was costing me $900 in associated fees got overturned when I wrote the judge a letter of explanation
• I spoke at a women’s conference at my brother/sister-in-law’s church
• I completed “Leadership Acclimation”, “Bible Overview”, “How to Study the Bible” and “Faith Concepts” at DWO while going through chemotherapy
• I got a new car
• I wrote 3 songs ~ Your Great Love – a love song to my heavenly Father; His Word is True – a song inspired by my Bishop’s testimony as prophecy was being manifested and Abide – a song He gave me while on the radiation table
• I began a publishing company (stay tuned, more coming!)
• Discovered that I really liked having very little hair (after chemo caused it to fall out) – I would NEVER have cut off my hair but I sure enjoy it short like this!
• During cancer journey God spoke several Words to me that changed my life and my faith:
o “Your faith has made you whole!” (while confessing healing)
o “Read Zephaniah 3:14-20” (while asking what do I say to my
head when I’m believing for healing but I can still feel the lump –
especially 3:20)
o “You’re not going to do chemo!” (right before my 1st
treatment…and I never got sick…I didn’t ‘do’ chemo)
o “Submit to Jeremiah 29:11 and Ephesians 3:20” (He has
plans for me that are exceeding abundantly above what I could ask or
think!)
o “You said you wanted me to make it clear!” (when I was
refusing to do radiation, telling God “If you want me to do it you
need to make it so clear because I don’t want to do it but I DO want
to do what you say.” He began changing my mind in spite of my
obstinance which caused me to ask “God how are you gonna change my
mind in spite of myself?”
 Then Bishop Elect Ben confirmed it when in Faith Concepts he
talked of Hezekiah and how God answered his prayer for more
time but did not miraculously heal him – “but gave him the
prescription for healing”
o “Don’t you know you are my temple?” (as I sat worriedly in
the wait - room to get nuked)

I wanted to share this with you because I know you have prayed for me and with me. AND because my holistic doctor helped me learn very important lessons on health. But even before then U-Count, a healthy living program @ church, had me primed. If we become good stewards of our body, we are less likely to succumb to these attacks, let’s face it, they’re not always attacks. They’ve been telling us for years to stop smoking, lose weight, go walking (exercise), stop eating fried and processed foods – eat healthy, fruits and vegetables especially, drink enough water, eliminate stress, get enough sleep so your immune system can repair and fight those nasty intruding abnormalities like cancer cells! God does not want us on the battlefield, in the boardroom, in the marketplace, in ministry with bodies that are weak and disease infested. Sorry y’all, I’m getting up on the soapbox aren’t I? Not trying to beat you up but you know what? Doing these things will even help you hear God better; so put Him first. He will fight your battles – He already did when His Son died on the cross!

So, the case of cancer is CLOSED!!! To God be the glory for He promised it in His Word. If it’s one thing I learned for sure – you cannot allow anything to challenge your faith! Your weapons (Ephesians 6) are all based on faith in Him who is able to keep you from falling! If you, or someone you know is in need of healing please let me know and I will add them to my prayer journal and be in agreement with you for fixed, full and whole healing IJN Amen!

Oh, and just in case you haven't done it yet, take time to add up the blessings in your life! When you think about it...he does so much more for us than we give Him thanks for. Count your blessings and acknowledge that we serve an awesome and wonderful God. It's not cliche, when praises go up - blessings come down!

1 comment:

Brini said...

He is great in ALL things. There are definitely so many blessings to be thankful for. He continues to see me through, especially at times when I feel the door is closing in. He reminds that the door has closed to open new doors. All cannot remain open to move on. Love ya, Darlene! Thanks for sharing such encouraging word and works of faith!