Monday, April 18, 2011

Manifold Grace Publishing House

Wow, I can hardly believe it’s been four months (on 4/30/11) since I retired! I’m still working on planning a luxurious vacation (like my sister-in-law wants to go on an Alaskan cruise) or time to sit around for a few days, feet propped up, eating bon-bons. Well, truthfully, truffles have been readily available – and I don’t need them! But, let me assure you I am enjoying my new found time, no, that’s not true. Enjoy, yes; new found time; huh? There is no new found time!

My time has been spent pursuing a dream, a God-given dream. Manifold Grace Publishing House – my dream. I got the idea of starting a publishing company for the first time about 10 years or so ago, I only know that because while cleaning out some old boxes to set up my office, I actually found materials I had researched dated ‘2000’! I didn’t even remember that but that’s why us pack rats keep everything. I did remember about three or four years ago when God gave me the idea about a publishing company. Once again I began the research and quickly concluded that I just didn’t have time to deal with this new venture.

How dare I put God on a shelf? In Old Testament days I probably would’ve gotten ‘smoted’ for such disrespect. Thank You Lord for mercy through Christ Jesus. Anyway, last year while going through chemotherapy, while I had no mental capacity to argue with God or turn off His voice…it came back. Publishing company. Another difference was that this time I had a little more experience; life experience. My faith had been tested over a series of life events, including the cancer battle I was going through. These events improved my hearing and I heard the voice of God saying “Yes, it’s me. It’s not your imagination, I want you to help my people share their testimonies.”

I listened and so Manifold Grace Publishing House was born. We are a full service publishing company specializing in ‘book whisperer’ services designed to ensure your words are crafted to shine brightly on the world stage. How exciting is that?! In addition to the publishing aspect of our company, we conduct writing workshops. The inaugural Writer’s Workshop “So You Want to Write a Book Huh?” was held at the Redford Library on March 5, 2011 and it was so much fun. (see following article) Other such workshops are being planned so stay tuned. But in the meantime, beginning on May 15, 2011 we will be conducting a Writer’s Workshop at Detroit World Outreach. So all you interested DWOites join me in Room 202 after 8:00 a.m. service.

Aspiring authors, just know that I am here to help you. Check out my website www.manifoldgracepublishinghouse.com but even more than sharing the amazing opportunity I have to start a second career, I want to remind you that God has a way of ordering your steps if you only pay attention. What is that thing in you that stirs your passion? What is it that your neighbors, your cousins, even strangers end up talking to you about? Do you ever wonder about that? Ever wonder what it would be like to have a daycare when it seems everyone has tagged you as a babysitter. When was the last time you had an idea that “just came to you”? Did “something” tell you to start doing something that you put on a shelf? Write a book? Learn to play piano? Go back to school? Change your eating patterns? Well, you know what “something” told you!

Think about it. Think about your future, your destiny. Listen to your heart, trust your gut but above all trust your God. His ideas are so much better than ours and He doesn’t make mistakes…He never fails and He loves us above all else. The manifold graces of God are enough to cover you for a lifetime! Get busy, get started - do something...do 'it'. He's waiting for you to move...

7 comments:

Eileen Hunter said...

What an INSPIRATION you are! Your words lifted me today. I know God wants to Resurrect this word in me. I appreciate it!
love
eileen

Eileen Hunter said...

What an INSPIRATION you are! Your words lifted me today. I know God wants to Resurrect this word in me. I appreciate it! Sometimes it seems like a whisper, but there is definitely a shout of praise in the end!
Thank you!
love
eileen

Admin said...

Exciting! Can't wait for the workshop at DWO!

transition-ongoing said...

I am in such awe because iam learning nw to get everything off my plate and to put those healthy things that the Lord sends to help me to the destiny he has for me.

Brent Terry said...

I'm enjoying the DWO Writer's Workshop. I thank God for destiny intersection; your obedience to His purpose is inspirational.

Yolanda said...

I can spend such quiet times reading your blog. Thank you for submitting to your destiny assignment to stretch us to excellence and to become a voice in the Kingdom!

findingyourownuniqueness said...

Love your story. Thanks for sharing your life, while inspiring us to reach for our dreams.