Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!

I am so excited about this new year! God has proven himself faithful to His word throughout all my trials in 2009 and is giving me new revelation about the path He has laid for me. Funny thing is, as He has taken me through a retrospective of my life and my relationship with Him I realize that He has been trying to “get my attention” for a very long time. I’ve been loving Him and trusting Him all my life but through this current trial where I’ve had the “opportunity” to be still and quiet, I’ve seen God take care of everything – without my help. As obstacles appeared I came to realize they were only obstacles to me – not to Him.

I want to share a couple of the most important lessons I learned this year, very simple lessons.

1. Do what you’re supposed to do and do your very best; often times we like to cry out to God to rescue us and He always does. But really, if we take care of our health, if we act with financial integrity, if we engage the Holy Spirit in our daily lives He will tell you what to do to. He will correct you along the way and this is the partnership we have with God. He does His part when we do our part and His part is SO much bigger and better than ours!

2. The other great revelation I’ve had this year was rather surprising to me. People have asked me how did I know my son could write or that my daughter was “mother to all” and I always tell them it is your job as a parent to know your children and when they show you what they’re interested in – well it’s your job to give them the tools they need. When I saw that my son could write I encouraged him to take both typing and journalism classes in high school. When my daughter wanted to spend a summer being a nanny and camp counselor (at 3 or 4 different camps) I drove her all over the state to do it. This is not about how great a mother I am, just see if you recognize yourself in this story. In that retrospective I mentioned earlier I literally had to think back to remember when I noticed certain gifts I have; I’ve had to realize them as God-given and that they’ve always been there. Does that sound vague?

I had it right with my kids, but not myself! So what is it that you love to do or you get pleasure/satisfaction from – and you’re good at it – that you don’t have time to pursue? What is on your destiny path that you’ve ignored; considering it trivial or just a hobby? Remember that every good gift is from God!

I encourage you to seek God in this new year as never before. We all have many gifts and abilities. Which ones have you set on the shelf because YOU don’t think it could be your calling? Let’s be determined this year to be all that God wants us to be and get all God wants us to get. Trust Him in all things and watch Him go to work on your behalf!

I’m trusting Him like never before as I enter Phase III of my treatment. Wednesday I’ll begin the 2nd chemo drug in my treatment; 4 hits coming. I thank God for my healing and I thank God for your prayers. I’m praying for you too! I’m praying that God’s perfect will is manifested in your life this year because I know that if you seek Him like never before it will be. In the words of Pastor Ben “Life to the 10th power!” John 10:10 Abundance in every area of our lives!!!

To God be the glory! Love U,

Darlene

3 comments:

Marquese said...

Big Sister D....

Very great article. Thanks for sharing and letting me that I am doing some things right with the little ones. :-)

Have a great New Year.

Love...

Crystal Linton said...

The revelations given to you during this quiet time is a blessing to the body. I'm sorry that you're facing these trials, however,the sacrifice isn't just for you. It's for me and many others. I will heed your words and be better for it. I pray that you, like David, will go on and grow great.

Brini said...

To GOD be the Glory, first,foremost, and always! And a Happy New Year is will be, Darlene. Love ya.