Monday, March 20, 2017

It’s Saturday so Manifold Grace quotes Best Sellers!

This quote from exceptional author James Michener really says a lot. As a publisher I hear, on the regular, from people who want to write a book. Of course, I believe they should. I believe book writing to be one of the most communicative, thrilling, things one can do. AND I believe that there is a book in you!

Having said that, now I must help my writers drill down to what it is they want to say and why they need to write a book in order to say it. So, here’s the quote:

“Being goal-oriented instead of self-oriented is crucial. I know so many people who want to be writers. But let me tell you, they really don’t want to be writers. They want to have been writers. They wish they had a book in print. They don’t want to go through the work of getting the damn book out. There is a huge difference.”   James Michener

And so, with the wisdom of this man - I ask my writers “Do you want to become an author or remain a writer?” Either task is doable…you just have to decide!

Now I must quote Nike - “Just Do It!”



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mKPJbn

No comments: